Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Walking with my fingers

Oak leaves and broken shower doors
We want to see our daughter who lives in the Pacific Northwest and my daughter wants to see her family, siblings etc, who all live in Florida so...Today I am doing my walking with my fingers in order to get some vacations sorted out...After much checking and discussing of timelines and prices we finally have a plan in place.

Driving to Washington state which would be about 7000 miles round trip by the time we did obligatory side trips along with the price of gasoline and wear and tear on our car would take a toll on both our budget and at our age our nerves. Once upon a time we could drive forever in one day but now our trips to Jacksonville which is only 120 miles takes it's toll. 
Palm tree trunk

I have checked and double checked and taking a train, which does not have a direct route from here to there but rambles all over the country, taking too many days and leaving many desired stops inaccessible or routed by bus, doesn't sound too appealing.

Taking all of those facts into consideration  we have decided to do two vacations. One for us and one for our daughter. We are going to fly out to see her for a while, length of time undetermined at this time. We will also purchase two tickets so she and her hubby can fly out here to see her siblings and us again. This will allow my daughter and I have some quality time together there without her feeling pressured to fit everyone into her short time here. 

And if the weather holds I hope to get some walking with my feet in before the sun sets.



Scorpion

2 comments:

  1. I love the textures in your photos and the scorpion amuses the heck out of me. I'm envious that you are planning a trip out west, but am not envious of all the steps involved. You'd think with all the different modes of transportation available, planning a trip would be easier. For some reason it never is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, I so totally understand the age factor in travel…I just turned down a gift of a trip to Italy because I'd have to sleep on a floor. That palm tree photo freaked me out…looking like I imagine my son's knee looks…he's going in for surgery on Monday. Love your blogs—they ALWAYS speak to me somehow. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete