Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Early Morning Ramblings

My internal clock went off at 4 so my ramblings got off to a really early start this morning with a predawn photo of the sky down the street when I went for the morning paper. The weather was humid but cool and I thought about going for a walk right away but after seeing the headlines in the paper of a black bear spotted in my neighborhood I changed my mind. Close encounters like that are not on my bucket list. So instead I had coffee and worked the crossword and then went out to do some tree trimming.

We needed to trim some of the branches that may be blocking the view of people who want to turn and who do a rolling stop or no stop at all when pulling on to the cross street. When the sun came up I took the loppers out and did what was necessary to protect stupid people in cars.




Later, after Bob was up and finished with his breakfast he came out to help me with some really high branches that needed to be taken off. Most of them were dead and just weighing down the good branches














Then I took some photos of new blooms
Day Lily
Sage
Snapdragons
A little shadow play

And my favorite of all


Now, as my rambling comes to a close and the thunder is rumbling overhead  it is time to close up the house to help keep it cool and get about my daily chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment