Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Grove In My Front Garden

Usually I go out to my backyard garden in the mornings and take photos of what is happening that day but this morning I decided to check out the front for a change...We have this grove of trees in our front that were like toothpicks when we moved in...Most of them were smaller than my wrist and some of them like a man's thumb...just little saplings. The builders wanted to cut them down and open up the space, making it easier on them to build...Like my big pine tree I said no...We want them to stay and like the big pine tree I like them to grow naturally so they are pretty much in a natural state...other than the things we have added like hanging planters, birdhouses &  birdbaths.








4 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is gorgeous. It looks like you live in the middle of the Everglades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking a peek at my little spot here in Florida Lee...actually we live way north of the Everglades...on the gulf coast north of Tampa...

      Delete
  2. Aha! I just looked at a map of Florida. I've never been to the gulf side of Florida…been to Miami and through Miami airport many many times, and hate it, especially during hurricane season. Have been to Orlando with the family and have a favorite ice cream place in Kissimmee called Abracadabra. I married a guy from Jacksonville (he was actually born in Atlanta, but grew up in Jacksonville). If someone was to fly in to see you, what airport would be closest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easiest in and out is Tampa international ...if you look on your map again and put in Citrus Springs you will see where I live ...sending you a private message

      Delete