Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Morning Ramble in a Garden Sauna

Junk
Before breakfast I decided to take a walk around my back garden area, pen in hand and make some notes of things to clean up or change. If I closed my eyes I would have thought I was opening a door and entering a sauna. No breeze just heat and moisture. This is what I do not like about the weather here. Makes me pine for the coolness of the pacific northwest. But I am here so I will bloom here...a bit droopy but bloom never the less.

Caught this little fellow lurking and trying to be unnoticed up by the new bottle wall. I crept slowly as far as I could and finally got a good close up...he sprinted away just after I shot the photo. This is one of the things I love about being here. 


I love how well my bougainvillea is doing after Bob moved it to this corner. Protected in winter by the house and gate. Although the gate is becoming obscured by it's growth and I hate to trim it. 


My passion flower is growing so well this year and I was told that if the caterpillars don't eat it I may get some fruit. I have never eaten a passion fruit before but always willing to try something new. What to do with all the beer bottles generated by a beer loving hubby Make a border.

I still have a couple of stragglers blooming under the India Hawthorn tree. Not sure what they are. Maybe African Iris...I think my friend did give me some and we did plant it there so perhaps that is what is blooming now. One flower at a time.





And my mirrors. I have several scattered around the fence and love the way the garden and sky reflects in them. I have on my list of "to do" things to raise the mirrors off the ground and attach them to the fence so they reflect more now that the shrubs in front are getting higher and fuller and one of them is going to be moved to a new spot since now it is completely covered by foliage.

So that is the end of my daily rambling in my outdoor garden sauna. I have my "to do " list for cooler weather and which includes a list of new projects to add to the garden next year...

1 comment:

  1. Your garden friend Ellen gave you the blue wart flower, lots of people think of it as a weed. It is just a native plant that want to pop up all over the yard. I have so many coming up in the lawn, but they look like grass and get mowed with the rest. I love them when you have a big cluster of them. As they say "One woman's flower is another woman's weed."

    ReplyDelete