Sunday, June 1, 2014

Traces

The weather finally cleared up this evening and the humidity disappeared for the most part so I decided to get a walk in before the next deluge of rain.  I hooked Marshal up, grabbed my camera and phone in case the camera battery gave out and away we went looking for traces of life in our neighborhood. 

We didn't get far. It was getting pretty dark outside from the rain clouds rolling back in so I decided to cut through the empty but wooded lot on the corner. We walked through the woods on a carpet of pine needles, soft from the dampness of rain and so thick it was like walking on a wet sponge, with Marshal close by and busy sticking his nose into every little nook and cranny he could reach. 

There! Nestled amongst the pine needles and fauna I found traces of bipeds and possibly the den of  quadrupeds.... I had intended to walk farther and longer but the black, glutted clouds started releasing their moisture into the air and with no breeze the biting flies came out in force finding every place on my body that was exposed...I gave up and started for home. 

Below are the photos from this short walk. I can only guess at the names of the fauna though I am pretty sure the bipeds are humanoids but I have no idea to the quadrupeds.






















1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous photos, Darlene, for such a short walk. I love those little wild white fairy bells. The litter I've encountered has made me think I should carry a bag with me and pick it up. Some of it is gorgeous, but mostly not.

    ReplyDelete