Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rambling in the Farmers Market


Today I braved the heat and went to the farmer's market in Inverness. A walkable city about 20 miles south of me. Not within walking distance like I would like it  but close enough for a morning drive. Temps were in the upper 70's when we left home and close to 90 by the time we left the market an hour and half later.

 It was rather small, with only three short rows of booths as the 'snowbirds' have left and the locals, for the most part, stay out of the heat...I did spend some money. Need to do my part to keep the economy going.

At this booth I bought some kohlrabi to eat fresh and some kale to saute in olive oil and garlic...yummmmm! 



What is an outdoor market without food.

So I bought Bob a yummy Italian sausage on a bun with grilled onions and green peppers

It is a great city to walk around in with many interesting stores for browsing and is also a good bike destination and they have chargers for electric cars and outdoor cafes. Next fall when the weather is nicer we will return to the market and do a walk around town but for now it is way too hot for this old lady to stay out in the heat that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment